Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blog: Count Me in the Giuliani Camp

By Debbie Schlussel

Every day, I'm asked whom I'm supporting for President in 2008. I've looked over the potential candidates, and on the Republican side, I believe the best, by far, is Rudy Giuliani, who took the first step toward a run, yesterday, with an exploratory committee.

(On the Democratic side, the best guy who's been talked about as a Presidential contender is Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana, who truly understands the Islamic threat and is a more moderate Democrat--which is why he'll never get the nomination.)

Yes, I'm pro-life and against gay rights, where Giuliani shares neither of my views on these issues. But, to me, the terrorism issue is far more important, #1 on the list. Right now, we have a President who is pro-life, against gay rights, and pretends to be the "Counterterrorism Prez." But, actually, he's done nothing substantive on any of these issues.

Debbie Schlussel

No comments: